If you haven’t realized it yet, we at The Humphreys Group tend to view our glasses half full rather than half empty. So, as we arrive to the midpoint of another year, we want to celebrate where our clients are on their journeys toward growth and accomplishment, and to examine how they are using various resiliencies to fortify their busy lives. We accomplish this through a quick “wellness checkup.”
First, let’s review what we mean when we state that resiliency can help us meet our goals. We know Emotional resiliency is the ability to process and work through challenges that test one’s feelings, but we’ve also discussed other aspects of our lives where we can work to be stronger:
- Physical: Take preventive steps to ensure you are resting well and breathing properly. Give yourself time to recover from illnesses and address other physical setbacks.
- Spiritual: Stay true to the values, behaviors and beliefs that guide your efforts to live your most authentic life, professionally and personally.
- Social: Spend time — in person or via other forms of interaction and communication — developing connections at home, at work and among your community; when challenges come your way, you’ll know who to call on for support.
- Vocational: Set long-term goals for what you’d like to accomplish professionally, and take small, measurable steps toward them via your networks and relationships. Remember that not all progress has to come in dramatic leaps and bounds.
- Financial: Work with an advisor to establish a long-term financial plan that grows and changes as your work and life evolve over time.
As part of your mid-year wellness checkup, we offer these additional questions to help you further assess your plan for bolstering resiliencies:
- Remember that most journeys do not travel in a straight line — can you cut yourself slack so that you can continue to move forward?
- How can you maintain a sense of optimism as you work to accomplish your goals in each area of your personal wellness?
- Are you taking charge of your personal and professional stories so that you can speak and act in ways that reflect what you’ve learned and how you’ve grown?
- Will you share what you’ve learned to demonstrate your resilience? Can your knowledge resonate with and encourage other people in your personal and professional circles on their journeys?
The calendar reminds us it’s time for a mid-year review of our goals and strategies. Let us be among the first to tell you we’re proud of what you’ve accomplished so far, no matter the size of your achievement or the scope of your effort. While our expertise lies in honing your financial resilience, we know you are working hard to make the most of every aspect of your life.
As always, contact The Humphreys Group to learn more about how you can improve your resiliencies and for help with developing a solid, long-term financial plan.