“New Planner Podcast” recently featured Hallie Kraus, a financial planner at The Humphreys Group. New Planner Recruiting, LLC is a full-service recruiting and consulting firm placing new financial planners within professional associate-level positions with financial planning firms nationwide.
New Planner Recruiting co-founder Caleb Brown, CFP, talks with guests about the financial planning profession. In this episode, Kraus shares how she was introduced to financial planning through a credit counseling position and discusses why she wanted to get into the profession. Kraus also talks about why the wirehouse channel was top of mind for her when looking for a position and why she ultimately left the wirehouse channel for the fee-only RIA channel.
Hallie explains how she found a perfect fit at a small boutique firm, The Humphreys Group. She shares the tools she uses to develop more meaningful relationships with her clients; how her psychology degree and thousands of credit counseling client meetings have catapulted her career forward; and her tips for what resources job seekers should consider when trying to find their perfect fit.
Here’s what listeners will learn from the episode:
- How Hallie got introduced to financial planning. (2:24)
- What it was like transitioning to Merrell. (7:14)
- How many clients she was able to bring in during her first few years. (10:25)
- What Hallie learned from her time from Merrell. (13:58)
- What the interview process was like for The Humphreys Group. (18:10)
- What Hallie has learned since working with The Humphreys Group. (20:25)
- What you can uncover about a client with minimal prying. (25:52)
The Humphreys Group is a women-owned and women-operated wealth management firm based in San Francisco, California. The firm offers highly focused financial planning and disciplined asset management to a range of clients. Their expertise is helping women in transition navigate their particular challenges — such transitions as marriage, divorce, widowhood, inheritance, or that first stock option grant. Their passion is helping their clients take control of their own financial lives and get smart about money.